Friday, March 02, 2007

Movin' On Up

Here's the email I sent to kith and kin this morning:

I received word late yesterday afternoon that I got the promotion I applied for here at work. I will still be in accounting, but will be one pay grade higher, with a 3% raise -- not a lot, but I will be learning some new stuff, which is really what I was looking for since what I'm now doing has become fairly rote. What's really neat is that I will have an actual office, not a cubicle in a large room, so it will be quieter, I will be nearer to a window (though won't actually have one, but can see out the window across the hall -- where I am now, there are NO windows at all), and I will have my name on a sign next to the door! I will have to take a picture of it.

I'm not sure when I'm moving across the hall because the new boss is out on medical leave (She should return on Wednesday.), and I will have to train my replacement once someone is hired. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: